What is ubermix?
The ubermix is an all-free, specially built, Linux-based operating system designed from the ground up with the needs of education in mind. Built by educators with an eye towards student and teacher empowerment, ubermix takes all the complexity out of student devices by making them as reliable and easy-to-use as a cell phone, without sacrificing the power and capabilities of a full operating system. With a turn-key, 5 minute installation, 20 second quick recovery mechanism, and more than 60 free applications pre-installed, ubermix turns whatever hardware you have into a powerful device for learning. Learn more...
ubermix in the media
- How ubermix Is Changing the K-12 IT Landscape EDTech Magazine
- Educational Linux distro provides tech-bundle for kids and educators opensource.com
- Kramden Institute and Ubermix helps students cross digital divide opensource.com
- Tech-Saavy Classrooms Scholastic Administrator
- The 2012 Readers' Choice Top 100 Products District Administration
- Fifty of the best ed-tech products for schools eSchool News
- SchoolCIO: Mobile Computing Technology & Learning
- Building 21st Century Writers T.H.E. Journal
- Has the $200 Educational Laptop Arrived? Papyrus News
- Writing, Collaboration and Sustainability in Saugus Union, CA K12 Computing Blueprint
- iPad vs Netbook for a 1:1 EdReach
- Schools Combine Netbooks, Open Source EdWeek Digital Directions
- SCHOOL CIO: Making 1:1 Work Technology & Learning